I have been looking for a solid AJAX component library. I've looked at commercial offerings (Tibco General Interface, jackbe, backbase) and open source (dojo, zimbra, openrico). AW looks solid. We're using JSON.org instead of XML and AW is compatible.
I noticed the copyright on this site doesn't include 2006 (though there was a new release 2/8/06), forum chatter is thin, and there's no list of customers.
* Is AW going to be supported for a long time?
* Does your company have professional services so if we need a TEXTAREA component built say, we can pay for this?
* Have any public webapps been built with AW?
Sunday, May 7, 2006
- AW is still in active development, so yes, it will be supported at least several years from now.
- No, we do not offer professional services.
- Most of apps which I know are on private intra/extranets. Also most of apps already in production use AW 1.0 (grid control only).